Frequently Asked Questions
What does the V in "The V Spot" stand for?
The V in V-Spot is short for Vagina. There are many nick names for this magical thing of ours. Our other favorite nick names are "Vajay", "Vagine", and "Hot Pocket" (Which is really my boyfriends favorite nick-name for my V, if we are being totally honest.)
What does the word "Yoni" mean and why is it used?
When you hear the word “Yoni” and the word “Vagina”, while the words are interchangeable, we use the term “Yoni Steam” rather than “Vaginal Steam” because the word “Yoni” describes the women’s reproductive system as a whole. The steam treats the entire system, not just the vagina.
*Yoni is a Sanskrit word meaning "vagina", "womb" and "origin of life".
What is a Yoni steam?
A Yoni Steam (AKA Vaginal Steam) provides gentle and effective support for women’s wellness. The word Yoni can better be defined as “a sacred place, vulva, vagina, or womb”
This ancient technique is practiced by women and holistic healers around the world, as it consists of allowing the warmth of herbal steam to softly permeate the exterior of the vagina and travel up the vaginal canal to the uterus. Allowing old matter to be removed (from abortions, miscarriages, semen, bacteria, and yeast) and allowing fresh revitalized new energy flow into the uterus is what makes Yoni Steaming a truly magical and refreshing experience.
Who should be Yoni steaming?
Short answer? Any and everyone one with a Vagina! (*Even girls as young as 12.5 years old should be steaming for optimal Yoni Health and wellness)
Yoni Steaming is a magical opportunity to reconnect with your body and reignite your inner vibrance. If you suffer from heavy period flow, painful periods, fibroids, yeast infections, bladder infections (UTI), hemorrhoids or scarring from C-Sections, you are likely to see great benefits when incorporating this Sacred practice into your existing self care routine. (If you do not currently have a self-care routine, it is time to start one Queens)
Yoni steaming is also recommended even if you are not experiencing any of the above, as it is a great way to soothe and pamper yourself, and is known to relieve anxiety. On the physical level, yoni steaming increases circulation and increases lubrication, which can help increase libido and makes sex more enjoyable as well.
Who should NOT be Yoni Steaming?
- Pregnant women
- Women who have an Intrauterine Device (IUD) ****Unless you do not mind if it dislodges itself naturally during the Yoni Steam detox process.
- Women should also not steam while bleeding or while blisters or sores are present.
- Women who are experiencing any type of internal infection, or a fever are encouraged not to steam until the symptoms have passed.
How often should I yoni steam?
- As part of an overall self-care regime, we recommend that women steam two to three times per month, always during weeks in which you are not menstruating.
- Women experiencing Vaginal Yeast or Bacterial Vaginosis should perform steams in addition to a round or two of The V Spot Yoni Pearls.
- Women who are experiencing fertility challenges should steam once per week, and maybe twice during pre-ovulation. (***Expect to steam to steam regularly for 3 months before seeing results.)
- Women who have just given birth should perfume a Yoni Steam three times per week for four weeks to facilitate healing and toning of the uterus and vagina (***please be sure there are no open wounds and that you are no longer bleeding).
- Women who are experiencing or who have passed menopause should steam at least three times per year for maintenance, but may steam more often if it feels right. If your challenges are chronic, you may want to steam up to three times per week to ensure the greatest results.
How Is A Yoni Steam Performed?
If you are truly ready to commit to the healing and continued wellness of you Yoni, we recommend purchasing The V Spot Steam Seat. However, if you are new Yoni Care and would like to try a steam before purchasing an in-home seat, follow these directions below. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions on how to make your DIY steam an amazing experience.
Directions for your D.I.Y. V Steam:
- In a medium covered pot, pour 8 cups of distilled or spring water to a boil.
- Place one pack of The V Spot Co Steaming Herbs (1oz.) into the water.
- Bring water to a soft boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn of the heat, leaving the lid on, and steep for another 5 minutes.
- Wave your hand 8-10 inches over the herbal water to make sure it is not too hot.
- If the steam feels right, remove your underwear and kneel, over your steam pot. If it’s too hot. Wait a few more minutes or increase the distance between your body and the steam. It’s better to under-steam than over-steam. Wrap a sheet or blanket around yourself at the waist or shoulders making sure no steam escapes and to protect your bare buns from a chill.
- Make sure you keep yourself warm, keeping something on your feet (socks, slippers) and neck. You do not want any cold to get into your body while you are trying to warm it.
- If kneeling is comfortable, you can stay in that position for the whole 20 minutes. You can also try bending forward and resting on your elbows and forearms in a modified Child’s Pose (Yoga). Listen to your body, do what feels best in terms temperature, focus of the steam, and body position.
***Mobile steams available in the Port St. Lucie, FL and surrounding areas. Steam Parties available too!
***Ask us how you can receive a free steam when you invite 3 or more friends to a V Spot Sip and Steam Party.
What herbs are used in The V Spot Steaming Herbs?
- Mugwort:In addition to fighting infection through its antibiotic and anti-fungal properties, mugwort balances female hormones and stimulates the production of hormones that help to maintain uterine health as well as protect the uterus from things such as ulcers and tumors. Mugwort steam opens the pores, allowing the beneficial herbs to penetrate into the blood stream. In addition, mugwort helps to stimulate menstrual discharge and ease cramping.
- Safflower:Eases menstrual pain by promoting circulation
- Motherwort Astringent: tonifying and cleansing, motherwort strengthens and relaxes uterine muscles, eases uterine cramping, and may help treat uterine fibroids. Motherwort stimulates uterine tone and blood flow as well as assist in tightening and toning.
- Rose Petals: A relaxing, uplifting and astringent herb that is wonderful for pampering.
- Lavender: One of the most relaxing herbs we have, lavender supports healing, and it also promotes menstrual flow.
- Albizia julibrissin: Increases circulation and stimulates blood flow. Promotes feelings of wellbeing while increasing serotonin levels. All natural anti-depressant properties.
- Aloe Vera leaves: Assits in hydrating the vagina, as well as help with vaginal tightness because of its astringent properties. Astringents cause the contracting of the skin, blood vessels, and other tissues (making the vagina tighter. It also is antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti fungal, softens and smooths skin, and heals and regrows new cells. It also increases the skin’s elasticity, making it more flexible though elastin and collagen repair. Aloe Vera will keep your vagina hydrated, restore it to it’s natural pH (fighting off infection), cleanse it, and keep it healthy.
- Old Ginger: An excellent herb for the female reproductive organs. Warming herb that provides blood flow to the pelvic organs.
How can I find out more information on the in home The V Spot Steam Seat?
Click HERE for more information on The V Spot Steam Seat.
If I share The V Spot Co. with my friends and family members, can I make a percentage of the sale?
Yes, Yes, Yes! We are still in the process of creating our official Affiliate Links, however, we will gladly pay a 20% commission on every order placed by a customer that is referred to us by you. You will be paid 20% of the entire order before shipping costs.